Why Choose Us?
At Trinity Christian School we are passionate about shaping students from Kindergarten through 12th grade to be Christ followers and disciple makers who glorify God through excellence in academics, athletics, the arts, and in service to our community. We have a long history of being committed to offering the highest quality in all we do so that our students have the opportunity to achieve their highest potential.
We believe that providing an environment of community helps our students learn the importance of experiencing life together in Christ so we can love, encourage, serve and grow. Our faculty and staff strive to display high-level teaching skills, and are dedicated to giving students individualized attention.
We understand and fully believe that we are not just educating students, we are ministering to them. We aim to foster an environment where a relationship with God is shown through discipleship, worship, service, evangelism, ministry, and fellowship. We offer rigorous academic courses, including opportunities for Advanced Placement and Honors courses, and dual enrollment with Pitt Community College. Our facilities and classrooms offer the latest technology such as Smart Boards, IPAD carts, and computer labs to prepare our students the skills they need to keep up with an ever-changing technological environment.
Please call us today and schedule a tour of our school and a meeting with our administrator. We think you will find that our school is truly a loving community where your family can thrive.
What We Stand For
Our Goals are:
- To train students in the knowledge of God and the Christian way of life.
- To give students an excellent education.
- To develop the very finest young ladies and gentlemen, who will be able to go out into the world confident and be prepared to meet the challenges of life.
Established 1980 by Trinity Free Will Baptist Church
Trinity Christian School was established in 1980 by the faithful members of Trinity Free Will Baptist Church in order to fulfill the God-ordained mandate to educate our children in the ways of our Lord Jesus Christ. As an important outreach ministry of the church, TCS has always been viewed as a work of the Holy Spirit and not a work of the flesh. It is the Lord’s school and includes preschool, elementary school, middle school, and high school levels.
Expected Student Outcomes
- A TCS graduate articulates distinctions among worldviews and evaluates them in terms of a biblical perspective.
- A TCS graduate is well prepared in all academic disciplines.
- A TCS graduate thinks critically, researches, analyzes, investigates effectively, problem solves, draws conclusions, and makes wise choices.
- A TCS graduate has the ability to present ideas and research in verbal, written, and technological format with clarity and quality.
- A TCS graduate displays competencies enabling pursuits of excellence in post- secondary endeavors.
- A TCS graduate has a personal relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ.
- A TCS graduate knows, understands, and applies God’s Word.
- A TCS graduate engages in the spiritual disciplines of prayer, Bible study, Scripture memory, worship, and service.
- A TCS graduate demonstrates the ability to discern Truth from error.
- A TCS graduate is committed to carrying out the Great Commission locally and globally.
- A TCS graduate has the ability to defend their biblical worldview with a compassionate spirit.
- A TCS graduate is empowered by the Holy Spirit to pursue a life honoring others through faith, goodness, self-control, perseverance, and love.
- A TCS graduate is a good steward of their time, talents, and resources.
- A TCS graduate understands the worth of every person as created in the image of God, treating each as such with respect, dignity, grace, and truth.
- A TCS graduate is prepared for the responsibilities and privileges of a citizen of the United States.
- A TCS graduate pursues work to honor God and carries out each task for the Lord as an act of worship.
- A TCS graduate demonstrates a servant’s heart; just and gracious in relationships and resolves conflict in a God-honoring manner.
Statement of Faith
What We Believe
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired and the only infallible authoritative Word of God. (II Tim. 3:16, II Peter 1:21)
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Gen. 1:1, John 10:30, 37, 38)
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Isa. 7:14, Matt. 1:23, Luke 1:35, Heb. 4:15, Heb. 7:25, Jn. 2:11, Heb. 9:12, Eph, 1:7, Col. 1:14, Jn. 11:25, Acts 1:11, Rev. 19:11-16)
4. We believe that man is sinful by nature and that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential and an absolute necessity for his salvation. (Rom. 3:19, 23, Jn. 3:16-19, Jn. 5:24, Eph. 2:8-10, Tit. 3:5-6)
5. We believe in the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (Eph. 5:18, Eph. 4:30, I Cor. 3:16, I Cor. 6:19-20)
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost—they who are saved unto eternal life and they who are lost unto eternal damnation. (Jn. 5:28-29)
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Rom. 8:9, II Cor. 12:12-13, Gal. 3:26-28)
8. We believe in the creation of man by the direct act of God. Gen. 1:26-28, Gen. 5:1-2).
What Parents are Saying
“I think it’s a great school my son is doing well there and I feel he is safer there than a public school“
“Both of my children are TCS graduates. I am thankful for the godly influence these teachers have had in my girls’ lives. I am looking forward to great things this school year!“
“My grandchildren are blessed to go there. I loved their programs.”